Research Center for Defense and Security is a non-profit association registered in the Business Registers Agency of the Republic of Serbia, which was founded on 26 April 2012 at the inaugural session of the Military Academy. The Centre was established at the initiative of officers and cadets of the Army of the Republic of Serbia on the one hand and teachers and students of Belgrade University on the other.
It was founded in order to achieve objectives and design of projects in the field of defense, security, diplomacy, environment, education, development of the nongovernmental sector in the Republic of Serbia and beyond. Research Centre for Defence and Security in the past two years in partnership with
various institutions successfully realized numerous projects. The Centre has in the implementation of several projects of national character, 4 projects of international
character, successfully completed 3 training, participated in over 20 scientific conferences and organized over 20 forums and lectures from various experts in the fields of security, defense and diplomacy.
1. raising awareness about the protection and security through the organization of training, seminars, conferences;
2. The development of the NGO sector and bringing together non-governmental organizations;
3. The organization and coordination of scientific research,
4. fostering and developing the potential of security at the national level and beyond according to the needs,
5. organizing cultural events and projects,
6. organization of professional and scientific exchanges as well as all other forms of cooperation with other colleges and universities,
7. organizing humanitarian and educational projects.
To achieve its goals Center in particular:
1. Organizes, alone or in cooperation with other organizations, training, professional meetings, conferences, seminars and other forms of citizen education;
2. cooperate with the institutions in the areas of security, defense, education, professional associations and other organizations in the country and abroad that deal with environmental protection, defense, security and diplomacy;
3. charity work to help persons in need of assistance;
4. organize different social gatherings of non-governmental organizations;
5. organize projects and implement actions to protect the environment defense and security;